Government of Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund
Applications close on October 30
The pandemic has been an unpredictable and challenging time for many. To provide emergency relief, we’re proud to have partnered with Community Foundations of Canada and the Government of Canada on the Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF)—a $350M investment—to provide urgent funding to organizations providing essential services to communities that have been disproportionately impacted.
With COVID-19 cases increasing and the need for supports growing, the Government of Canada is reopening the ECSF with a second round of funding. We are encouraging local registeredcharitable organizations serving vulnerable Torontonians to apply for grants up to $75,000 for emergency COVID-19 response activities. Funds must be spent by March 31, 2021.
We would like to especially encourage applications from Indigenous-led and serving organizations and Black-led and serving organizations.
Want even more information?
- Check out Community Foundations of Canada’s page on the ECSF.
- Follow us on socials to stay up to date: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Toronto Foundation information webinars for the Toronto community:
- Learn more about what applications are being accepted by United Way Greater Toronto and Canadian Red Cross.
- Applications are now open and will close October 30.
Are you a national or provincial organization? There is a specialized stream for you. This infographic might guide your application in the right direction.
Any other additional questions can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a staff member will be sure to respond.
Results of Round One
Through the first round of the ECSF, we were able to invest $5.1 million towards local charities and qualified donees to support populations experiencing heightened vulnerability during this crisis. We encourage you to learn more about these organizations and support their work:
- All Nations International Development Agency
- All Saints Church Homes For Tomorrow Society
- Armenian Family Support Services
- Arts Etobicoke
- Aura Freedom International
- b current Performing Arts Co
- Book Clubs for Inmates
- Boost Child & Youth Advocacy Centre
- CEE Centre of Young Black Professionals
- Centre for Connected Communities – Tides Canada Initiatives
- Chabad Lubavitch of Laureleaf
- Childhood Cancer Canada
- Chinese Cultural Centre of Greater Toronto Foundation
- Christie Refugee Welcome Centre
- Crohn’s and Colitis Canada
- Diaspora Dialogues Charitable Society
- Don District Training Program O/A Neighbourhood Legal Services
- Downtown Care-Ring Home Support Services of Toronto
- Eshkiniigjik Naandwechigegamig, Aabiish Gaa Binjibaaying – ENAGB Youth Program
- FoodShare Toronto
- Fort York Food Bank
- Franklin Carmichael Art Group
- Future Possibilities for Kids
- Good Shepherd Refuge Social Ministries
- Growing Neighbourhoods Foundation
- ICNA Relief Canada
- Inside Out LGBT Film Festival
- JACS Toronto
- Jean Augustine Centre for Young Women’s Empowerment
- Jennifer Ashleigh Children’s Charity (JACC)
- Jumblies Theatre
- Kennedy House Youth Services Inc.
- Let’s Talk Science/Parlons Sciences
- Madison Community Services
- Margaret’s Housing and Community Support Services
- Mentoring Juniors Kids Organization (MJKO)
- New Haven Learning Centre
- New Visions Toronto
- NIP Information Post (Neighbourhood Information Post)
- Ontario Black History Society
- Ontario Employment Education and Research Centre
- Ontario Prader-Willi Syndrome Association
- Park People
- Progress Place
- QSLA Foundation
- Salaheddin Islamic Centre Inc.
- Scarborough Centre for Healthy Communities
- Single Mothers Inspiring Leadership in Education
- Sistema Toronto
- Shakespeare in Action
- Starlight Children’s Foundation Canada
- St. Michael’s Homes
- Sts. Peter and Paul Ukrainian Community Homes
- summerlunch+, Tides Canada Initiatives
- TAIBU Community Health Centre
- The Black Coalition For AIDS Prevention
- The Canadian Abilities Foundation
- The 519
- Tides Canada Initiatives Society – Together Project
- Toronto Foundation for Student Success
- Toronto Writers Collective
- UHN OpenLab through Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation
- Urban Squash Toronto
- VIBE Arts
- Vibrant Healthcare Alliance
- Visions of Science Network for Learning
- Warden Woods Community Centre
- Weston Frontlines Centre
- Wigwamen Incorporated
- Women of Excellence Support and Relief Organization (WESRO)
- Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF)
- Workman Arts
- Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care
- Young People’s Theatre
- Youth Unlimited (YFC Toronto)
The Emergency Community Support Fund