Writing a will can be a costly and difficult process – but it doesn’t have to be. Toronto Foundation offers innovative resources and structures that can simplify your philanthropic legacy planning in your will. Below we’ve compiled the top six benefits of working with Toronto Foundation to co-create your legacy.
- Easy to set up: There's no need to have all the answers before you begin. Let us guide you through a reflection on what's most important to you. We can help you distil your values and goals, and set up your bequest fund in as little as one phone or email conversation—all from the comfort of your home.
- Centralize your giving: Community foundations offer a great solution to those who want to name multiple charities in their will. We can help you streamline your giving to all the organizations and causes you care about in one bequest.
- Flexibility: You can shape your future gift over time. As your philanthropic interests or ambitions evolve, you can easily update your wishes with Toronto Foundation as often as you want, without the effort and expense of revising your will.
- Personalized service: We have the insights, community connections and knowledge of charities to help you make decisions that further your goals. You will also gain access to our annual calendar of learning events to inform and inspire your philanthropy. We’re happy to talk about what will work for you now and in the future.
- Ease for your executor: With your bequest fund already set up, you and your executor can take comfort in knowing that it is a simple transfer of your gift to Toronto Foundation.
- Honouring your wishes: If you have yet to name a successor for your fund, Toronto Foundation can fill that role. Whether you have named specific charities, created guidelines for us to follow, or left the decision to our team of experts, you can be assured that your legacy will be directed to impactful community projects and charities that align with your philanthropic goals.