Toronto Foundation is a registered charity and home to 500+ community-minded philanthropists.
We exist to create a more fair and just society where everyone can thrive. Together with our fundholders we granted $19M last year to organizations in Toronto and across Canada. We are committed to listening, learning and working in partnership with communities and we invite our Fundholders to join us.
We work in two ways:
1. Granting & Impact Investing
Fundholders make their own grants
Individuals, groups, and organizations can set up donor advised funds and make grants to the charities they care about. We offer back-end services and advice to increase the impact of your giving.
Toronto Foundation runs strategic granting programs and makes impact investments
We make grants and impact investments that address pressing needs and opportunities, and support communities to reduce inequality. We take our direction from the Toronto’s Vital Signs report, our equity lens on the city and the role of leading nonprofits. Donors can support this work by contributing to our funds.
2. Donor Learning Journeys
We can help you make informed decisions to maximize the impact of your giving by offering learning events and tools on equitable granting, research and insights, as well as opportunities to connect with peers and community leaders.
We are guided by:
Toronto Foundation also recognizes the role of philanthropy in perpetuating discrimination and oppression, and our organization’s responsibility to address our inherent biases and strive for greater equality. Read more about our commitment.
Are you ready to get started?
Explore our website and connect with us to have a conversation about your philanthropic goals:
- Read our Toronto’s Vital Signs research that tracks Toronto’s quality of life through an equity lens and highlights the work of community organizations advancing a more equitable city.
- Discover high-impact nonprofits to donate to in the Good to Give Guide.
- Read about strategic philanthropy and community impact on our blog.
- Review our annual reports and audited statements.
- Read our privacy, investment and administrative policies.
Toronto Foundation is a proud member of Community Foundations of Canada, the national membership organization for more than 191 Community Foundations across Canada.