Toronto's Vital Signs Grants
HOME > FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES > TORONTO'S VITAL SIGNS GRANTS
2021 Toronto's Vital Signs Grants
What are the priorities your community organization is addressing in our city? How can philanthropy help?
Toronto’s Vital Signs Grants aim to surface and support high-impact organizations and their visionary work in tackling our city’s inequities.
Read the recent Toronto’s Vital Signs Report and indicate why and how your organization is responding to the issues and opportunities highlighted in the report, which could include advocacy work. The grant includes a one-time unrestricted donation along with additional opportunities for profile and reach.
Eligibility, Timelines, Application Guidelines and More Information
The application portal will open on Wednesday, November 10, 2021 and close on Friday, December 17, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Below is key information to determine your eligibility, what’s required to apply and a link to the application portal itself.
- Grants of $10,000 is available for organizations (registered charities and organizations applying with a trustee) with operating budgets of less than $1 million
- Grants of $25,000 is available for organizations (registered charities and organizations applying with a trustee) with operating budgets of between $1 million and $3 million
A total of $300,000 is available to fund between 20-25 organizations.
***Priority will be given to small (operating budget <$1,000,000) and medium-sized (operating budget between $1,000,000-$3,000,000) organizations that are equity-led and equity-serving as well as Indigenous-led organizations. As a signatory to The Philanthropic Community’s Declaration of Action, Toronto Foundation takes its commitment to Truth and Reconciliation seriously.
Equity acknowledges unequal starting places and addresses unequal needs, conditions, and positions of people and communities that are created by institutional and structural barriers. Equity is more than an outcome; it is an ongoing process that seeks to correct systemic barriers and create a more just and fair society for all.
Equity serving organizations seek to eliminate systemic barriers to participation and facilitate access to opportunities, networks, resources, and supports to allow individuals to reach their full potential.
Equity-led organizations have individuals within their leadership who have living experience of the issues they address in their work.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION OPTIONS
Applicants will have the option of submitting either in writing, by video, orally or by ASL interpretation. Only one application submission per organization will be accepted.
- ASL interpretation application guidelines
- Oral application guidelines
- Video application guidelines
- Written application guidelines
Please read our Toronto’s Vital Signs Grants FAQs.
Toronto Foundation hosted information webinars via Zoom specifically to share more about the fund and the application process.
- Information Webinar #1 on Wednesday, November 17, 2021 from 2 - 3 p.m. for registered charities and organizations applying with a trustee: Watch the recording here.
- Information Webinar #2 on Friday, November 19, 2021 from 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. for organizations supporting people with disabilities: Watch the recording here.
For more information, contact:
Community Relations Officer
You Might also be interested in:
THE CONNECTION E-NEWSLETTER
Read the latest news, stories and insights on the city's needs and opportunities; organizations working on solutions; and how to get involved with your philanthropy.