In this year’s Toronto’s Vital Signs report we’ve compiled more data than ever before and the evidence is clear: Toronto is not working for all – and inequality has become the new normal.
The report tracks 10 key determinants of quality of life in Toronto and references more than 294 unique reports and data sources, as well as contributions from more than 100 experts and grassroots leaders across sectors.
This is a must read for every Toronto resident, and we need to recognize our shared interest in facing the issues undermining the livability and vibrancy of our city.
The following media coverage and issue summaries are a great way to dive into the report:
Income and Wealth
- VICE: Rich Boomers Are Screwing Over Toronto’s Young People
- Global News Toronto: Inequality Report
- Learn more about the issue: https://torontofoundation.ca/vitalsigns-issue-1/
Health and Wellness
- Daily Hive: Toronto is one of the least happy cities in Canada: report
- Blog TO: Toronto is one of the least happy cities in Canada
- Toronto Storeys: Sadly, Toronto is One Of Canada’s Unhappiest Cities
- Only in Toronto (Blog TO podcast): Toronto is one of the least happy cities in Canada
- Indie88: Toronto has been named one of the unhappiest cities in Canada
- Learn more about the issue: https://torontofoundation.ca/vitalsigns-issue-8/
- Blog TO: Rent costs are growing two times faster than incomes in Toronto
- Real Estate Professional Magazine: Toronto “does not work for all” says Vital Signs report
- Learn more about the issue: https://torontofoundation.ca/vitalsigns-issue-2/
- Blog TO: Here’s how climate change is already affecting Toronto
- Learn more about the issue: https://torontofoundation.ca/vitalsigns-issue-5/
- Narcity: Toronto Officially Has The Worst Commute In All Of North America
- Learn more about the issue: https://torontofoundation.ca/vitalsigns-issue-6/
- Blog TO: Toronto’s murder rate reached historic highs last year
- Learn more about the issue: https://torontofoundation.ca/vitalsigns-issue-10/
Arts, Culture, and Recreation: https://torontofoundation.ca/vitalsigns-issue-4/
Civic Engagement and Belonging: https://torontofoundation.ca/vitalsigns-issue-7/
Want to know more?